Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Good morning world.  Earlier today I was talking about Model Railroading, and how it was a relaxation therapy for me.  I also promised some photographs to show a bit about what I was talking about.  Turns out it was between 1981 — 1984 time period.  I had built several in those days.  A couple  HO gauge an N Scale (final one before moving to Las Vegas area) and even an O27 gauge Lionel layout for a good friend of mine.  So here we are.  The black hair was good up until my late 40's then started coming in white....along with the weight. ha ha

 1981 HO layout......electronics, bridge building, etc.  LEARNING CURVE!
 1984 Downtown branch line (along the 'car' part of the garage).
 1984 Craftsman coaling station...nut and bolt washer castings on EVERY board.  HO scale
 John Allen Memorial Gorge 'N' Scale layout.  Last one before moving West.
 Good friend Jim Butler (light blue shirt) observing his new Empire!  Me in the T shirt.
Control Panel for Jim's Domain.  Hand painted backdrops attached to benchwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment