Monday, April 8, 2013

Sunday was a very good day!  Hope your's was a fruitful and rewarding.  I was privileged to help with the music at church TWICE!  Once in the morning before Sunday School for two songs, and then again in the afternoon led those gathered for youth and study.  I introduced them to some new praise songs and am excited about their approval of learning the new music.  They did so wonderful, caught on to the tune and the words very quickly.  I am delighted!

One of the highlights was Cooper's directing the music. If I knew how to download a facebook video, I would show you. You can see him on my FB page if you wish.  He had pretty darn good timing with his clapping and all.  Came right in on time and kept it pretty good.  GREAT JOB COOPER!

Got to thinking about what yesterday was all about.  My conclusion is GIFTS.  God gives each of us gifts to use for His Glory.  There are a bunch that have been noted in various places.  In the past, I have taught an Advanced Lay Speaker class on God's Gifts and used a Spiritual Gifts Test on
www.kodachrome.org
It is a fun yet clarifying event for those interested in knowing a little more about how "they roll".  It may answer some questions about why they (you) are better at some things than other things.  I feel it is because God has blessed each of us with gifts/talents to be a part of a huge event called LIFE.  We each have a part to "play" and are being given special gifts to fulfill that part.  Some are servants, some are caregivers, others are administrative/guidance, more may be musicians, some are pastoring/sheperding, others are gifted with encouragement, still others perhaps giving, or healing, or hospitality.  Some are gifted with Mercy/compassion, others are teaching, wisdom, writing, craftsmanship/artisan, discernment/distinguish spirits, or evangelism, exhortation, knowledge, tongues (interpreting), tongues (speaking).  So there are areas that, if you take this test, may find that you are gifted in that you haven't realized before, or because of the results, answers some deep questions that have been floating around in the back of your mind for some time.

The point of the story:  We are all part of GOD's plan.  He has gifted or given us talents to fulfill His intentions and we all have an important part to play.  It is our job now to discover what that may be, and move forward.  There is a training period, I am sure.  I realized that with my music. I didn't start out with a natural ability to play a guitar.  I had to practice and play many years to do what I do today.  There are others more qualified as I am still an amateur, but this is where God is using me right now, and that is fine with me.  I encourage you to give yourself over to the fact that HE has His plan for you as well, and it would be a good idea for you to find out what that talent/gift is, so you can focus on that.

Keep singing, keep discovering, keep smiling,

Blessings,
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment